Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Collection Entry #Example: Smizing

 Proposition:

A smile is more than with your mouth.

Data:  TV show 

Source: Drew Berrymore Show - Tyra Banks Teaches Drew the Art of Smizing (0:42-2:51)

Interpretation:

Since March we have all had to start wearing masks that cover the lower half of our face.  There have been several times in stores and out and about where I have wanted to signal my appreciation, or acknowledge someone and I've found that the game of doing so has changed.  I am a friendly person.  I enjoy connecting with fellow shoppers and crossing paths with those I have loose connections with in the community.  Last year I would have flashed a friendly smile along with a head nod or tilt.  I've found these connections to be more complex now that my smile is masked.  I've had to change my greeting so that I'm more demonstrative with my eyes, or perhaps my already full hands.

In this segment from Drew Barrymores new show, Tyra Banks teaches Drew the art of Smizing.  Smizing, smiling with your eyes, is an idea Tyra Banks introduced to the world several years ago.  Little did she know at the time how important it would become.



No comments:

Post a Comment